Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10 cards in one afternoon/night

We had a day off work yesterday & after we went & did what we had to do, we came home had lunch & then I decided to make some cards at about 2pm..... at 11pm I thought wow I think I have done enough today :)(mind you I did stop to pick up the kids from school, have playtime outside watching our 5yo daughter attempt to ride her bike with NO training wheels & have dinner too)

So here they are:



This one was with the challenge in mind from SU Ink - Whatyadoin'Wednesday, they wanted us to creat a scene by stamping, so here I placed Swinging Tilda on her bech seat & stamped a teddy from SeeD's & stuck it on the bench beside her & made a little wall hanging. It's a cute little girls card I think.

*****




This cute stamp was sent to me from a friend & it is sooo cute, I just had to make a card with it, so its pretty basically done, just some Chrissy BG paper, mulberry paper mat, stick the image on (after colouring of course) place some lace on the edges, glitter up the star & add a rhinestone in the corner to finish

*****




So at Theme Thursday they wanted a card that shows happy/happiness... so I used another Tilda this time on the bride deck dangling her feet in the water. I added some little blue sparkly stars (for starfish) a bright yellow flower & button in the corner (to represent the sun) & some white rikrak in the other corner (for some clouds) then used a word rub-on "FUN" (to represent the happiness).

*****




This time Tilda is kicking back in her jeans, just sitting on the fence, added some pretty BG paper, some flowers, buttons, ribbon & rhinestones. Cute Card Thursday's challenge is to use fairies & angels, so I sparkled up Tilda's wings.

*****




I gave Tilda a break for this card & used Santa from Art Stamps & used Mojo Mondays sketch for the card.

*****




Another Art Stamp for this Thank you card, I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers

*****




At PB Saturdays they wanted us to just use a PB sentiment only, so I just added some lace, flowers, buttons & rhinestones with some pretty BG paper & ribbon.

*****




I used Kazans sketch for this card, just a pretty card for any occassion.

*****




This was a bit of a fun/silly card, but I know a few people that would get a laugh out of it, at Caarvarks, they challenged us to use a chocolate theme, Arty Girlz wanted us to use a hand drawn element on our card & I loved the sketch from Funky Fairys, so I combined them to make this card.

Firstly I made the little bar of chocolate, I cut some little squares to give the portion look, placed them on some brown mulberry paper, wrapped it up in silver & brown paper, tore off the top to display the chocolate, wrapped some ribbon around it & placed it in the center of the card. For the hand drawn element I wrote Enjoy your day... Eat Chocolate!!

*****




This last card I made for our niece that had her dance concert last weekend, which we couldn't attend, I coloured Ice ballet Tilda in in our nieces club colours - hot pink & black & themed the colours for the card around that too. Just put some pretty pink BG paper, tore some purple paper, placed some black ribbon & some pink rhinestones & sat Tilda on the ribbon.

*****


Well thanks for looking at all my cards, it's funny how all those cards were made in that time frame but they look so quick to be able to put them together when you look at them once they are finished, but thinking about what to use & how to place it all is the time consuming part.

Have a great day
x

19 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Rima - you stay away 4-eva and then you come back and rock the card challenge blogs like nobody's business. Wow! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y too.
Hugs
Kazan

Myrt said...

....my goodness, you've been one busy lady! Love all your cards Rima but popped by to see your Mojo Monday creation - so cute and well done!

Unknown said...

Wow, look at all of these! All so adorable!

K said...

beautiful cards

elske said...

you have worked hard!!!
nice cards!!

Allison said...

my you have been busy they are all lovely
AllisonX

Kath Stewart said...

goodness me what a busy bunny and love your card for PBSC this week and thanks for playing along
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Oh my! You sure have been busy! Great cards ;)

lauren bergold said...

HOLY MOLY!!! how do you DO THAT??! how on earth can you make that many ♥fabulous♥ cards...each for different challenges...IN ONE DAY??!?!?! i feel i should beg to come and study your technique! wow!!!

you should definitely put your AMAYYYYYYZING chocolate bar card into the CAARDVARKS' flickr gallery with the chocolate challenge cards! (i don't know if you've seen the post that explains it? we've changed the gallery a bit to make it MUCH MORE interactive & fun; now instead of having to wait for us to upload your cards to an off-site gallery, you can do it immediately on flickr...and people leave you the ♥NICEST♥ comments!!!)

full instructions are here: http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2008/11/chocolate.html or feel free to email with any questions!

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

WOW what a huge amount of cards did you create...I'm impressed!! Love all of them,xxxWendy.

Lesley said...

Goodness you have been busy! Great take on the Funky Fairys sketch! Thank you for taking part in the challenge xx

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! Soooo many cards! Well done you! The PB card is fab, I love the lace and colour scheme! Thanks for joining in this week! xx

Lou Sims said...

WOW - you have been busy. I wish I could produce soooo many cards so quickly.

Love your take on the Funky Fairy's challenge and many thanks for joining in with us this week.

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Beautifull Card :) Your a crafty bee ;)
Thanks for joining us at FFP.

Check my blog for Funky Faiys Blogcandy.

hugs Ria

Pauline C said...

Wow - you were really busy! Great set of cards and lovely PB card - very cute! Thanks for joining the PBSC this week.

Lea L. said...

Wow! Lots of cute cards!! Great job with the 2S4U sketch!

~Lea

~JulieH~ said...

Wow I don't know how you managed so many beautiful cards in onr day! They're all gorgeous and the chocolate one is a wonderful idea!

Juliexx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such lovely cards! Thanks for playing my sketch challenge! :0

Valérie Goldenschue said...

superbe