Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cards for VLV March

Verve challenges for march are a lot of fun & nearly finished for the month, here are my takes on the challenges:





This was for sketch VLVMar01, the twist was a button, you could use 1 or 100.
The heart was cut with my Cricut - George cart & I hand cut the scallop edge by tracing around a tiny button





The VLVMaro2 sketch was a lot of fun with a twist using pink, red & green.
I kind of cringed thinking of using red & pink together but it came up up really good, I think it was the green that broke it up





The 3rd week challenge was fun with the twist being birthday. Again the scallop edge was hand cut after tracing a tiny button. Used a large paper flower as the focal point. The inspiration was from Amber herself :) Thanks Amber





The VLVMar04 challenge was a great sketch & this weeks twist was CAS & using only ONE embellie only.... woooh... this was hard for me as I love all the prety embellies, but I did it & I am very happy with the outcome. ALthought it said on the challenge to only use ONE embellie, I started off with just the embellie in flower above the 'i' in friend, then the post was updated saying you could use more than one of the same kind embellie, so I though "YAY", so I added 3 more under the stamp only they werer larger in size, but they are the exact same pearls. I cut the scallop circle, shadow circle & circle with Mini Monograms Cricut Cart, using tan CS & Stampin' UP! PP, the stamp is also from Stampin' UP!. Scored some lines down the side & added some KindyGlitz to the scallop circle to jazz it up a bit, but I think it is still CAS :)

TFL
x

No comments: