Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday - Ladybug

Well this card actually covers 3 different challenges I was doing, firstly Okies second sketch from Mar 11, Day 17 from 365 Cards & Splitcoaststampers LSC211.

Okies sketch you can see above, 365 cards was Buttons & Bows - use 3 buttons & 3 bows, no more, no less & LSC211 was to make a card with a bug on it, using no more than 4 layers & no patterned paper.

So keeping in with Okies sketch, I then used red & black CS, cut a 3 1/2" ladybug from Doodlecharms Cricut Cart, layered some red & black ribbon, attached the bows & buttons, then stamped Happy Birthday on red CS, matting it onto black CS. Oh I stuck so googley eyes on the ladybug for a bit of fun. To finish it off I used black gel pen & dotted around the red border & over the top of the stamp so it stood out more.
(I posted this card down further with all of my Okies cards under Mar 11.)


Pam said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at 365 :)

~amy~ said... the black and red! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards!!

kristie sessions said...

OH, How CUTE!! I love this little guy! Nice work on the challenge!

Rose said...

Too CUTE!!!! Love that ladybug ;-)

Vicky said...

So cute!! Great job and thanks for joining us!!