Thursday, June 12, 2008

June Card Swap

This month for the Aussie Card Swap I am in, the theme is Weddings or Anniversaries. My DH got me a present the other week.. a sewing machine for scrapbooking & card making & I knew that I wanted to use it to make this card. Being so small, it is tricky to use in comparison to a normal sized sewing machine, so I made the mat that I wanted to sew on a little smaller, cut lace to fit & sewed away...



I used Breathtaking Bazzill Basics for the base & Heidi Bazzill Basics for the mat, my lace mat with heart ribbon ontop decorated with rhinestones, satin ribbon across the bottom of the card with metal charmed letters that I found in the button section of the craft shop, I didn't like the charm bit so I stuck rhinestones on them (the only thing I don't like is that the "N's" charm is lower than the other letters). Then sticking to the rules of using atleast one cut from a cricut cartridge, I used the heart from "Happily Ever After" & place a meatal charmed double heart, again placing a rhinestone on the charm. I kind of looked bare just sitting there on the heart, so I placed metallic flowers around it just so it stands out a bit. My reference to the double hearts being ontop of the single heart is "Two become One", well in my mind that sounded good haha now I'm thinking ... okay then ... haha anyway you can forget I just said that :)

Anyway so back to the card... the photo really doesn't do it justice, it really is much prettier in real life.

Hope you girls in the swap enjoy it anyway.

1 comment:

shelly said...

wow rima, this is just beautiful!!