Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby Cards



Ok so yesterday I was having a look around blog hopping & checking out the Cricut MB & I come across this "AWESOME" Baptisim Dress card by Lorrinda. She found the template on Deneen's blog, so naturally I had to have a look. I saved & printed the templates & had to have a play straight away.

When I remake the girls dress I will get better CS, I just used what I had in my stash at the time. I actually played with Stampin' Up! Stampin' pastels for the first time, I've always been wary of chalking as it always seemed messy, but then I thought if I used my Versamark with a cotton bud (Qtip) maybe it would hold it & then not be so messy... so I embossed the flowers onto the bottom of the card & did this process & I was amazed that it actually worked & that it looked pretty cool.



I would say that I will use this technique again. Then I added some ribbon, layered some flowers with a rhinestone & inked around the edges.



Then for the Boys overalls I used a double sided DP, cut out a label with George & cut it to size for the pocket & stuck on a blue duck button.



It kind of looked bare, so I cut a giraffe with New Arrivals in the same blue with a dark blue CS & gave him spots with a Sakura gel pen.





Go check out these lovely ladies work.

x

2 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Rima theseare gorgeous! thanks for the link

juiexx

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Cute Rima,
Thanks for stopping by my blog...Hugs,Krista