Monday, May 25, 2009
Have a wonderful day - DCM
At DCM, the challenge was "Wet, wet, wet" : to have water on your card or to use a technique that used water, so I made the BG mat by inking the colours onto some acetate, spritzing it with water & placing the CS on top; lifting it & drying it off with my heat gun. I repeated this a few times for the desired look.
I wasn't really happy with the outcome until I placed some ribbon etc near it & then I realy liked the look of it. So I matted it onto hot pink CS, then onto a black card, stamped the image & matted it onto black CS & inked the edges with boysenberry ink. I layered the black ribbon onto the hot pink ribbon & layered the black flower onto the hot pink one & finished it off with a hot pink button & a black rhinestone. Once I stuck it altogether, I then put another black rhinestone in the corner of the image.
Overall I am very happy with the end result.