Monday, May 25, 2009

Joy Fold Card

I have made this card for my sister from our Mum, she wanted something pretty that would suit my sister turning 50. My husband & my sister are having a combined birthday & they have chosen the theme Black & White as Motown also turns 50 this year.

So I decided to try one of the Joy Fold Cards from Splitcoast stampers.

I combined 2 Cricut cuts for my butterfly- Tear Drop & Happily Ever After.



Firstly I cut a 1" butterfly from Tear Drop



Then I cut 2 of the Icon + Shift on page 49, stick them to the first butterfly & there you have it, a new butterfly that looks really cool. I'm sure someone else has thought of this already but I discovered it today tossing up between the 2 when, I placed one piece down & it was on the other & I thought wow I like that!!


So this was the end result!!






Something was nagging me about the finished card, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so I left it while I cooked dinner & then all of a sudden it came to me, I knew why I wasn't happy with it. I didn't have anything to keep the card closed, so I repositioned the butterfly & NOW I am happy with it!!!



A close up & better pic of my butterfly



Thanks for reading my long winded post :)
x

No comments: